Confidential, sensitive, with a strong sense of responsibility towards their work and social commitment. Alessandro Formica, President of Young Entrepreneurs in Rimini, says to the public. For the first time.
When his name appeared last summer in all the papers, many have wondered who the new President of the Young Confindustria Rimini. Alessandro Formica, 32, graduated in Political Science International, engaged in Alfad, the family company, has selected Rimini IN Magazine to talk about his new role, the city itself. Welcomes us into his home, full of works of art, which he personally renovated.
As you lived the first months as President of the Youth Group?
Despite having been a member of the Governing Council of Young Confindustria Rimini, is a new experience for me and important. My idea is to continue on as outlined by the previous president, new initiatives aimed at integrating young people and deepening the relationship with schools: a step that I consider fundamental.
With that style you approaches to this work?
I am convinced that a president can not do anything without a team: it is the only way to cut also important goals. The Youth Group is a training experience, contacts, relationships: the visibility and the role of president has accentuated this feature, widening regional and national levels.
work in the family with your father and your brother, you're a young entrepreneur of the second generation. What do you do?
explain: I am a young "aspiring" entrepreneur. Alfad, a family of companies founded by my father and when my brother Mario Giampaolo is the sales manager, deals with integrated exhibition services and in particular productions, art exhibitions, museums, scenery and events at national and International. We are partners of the most important Italian fairs including Milan and Bologna and Rome for which we have exclusive supply contracts.
What do you do?
Our group is composed of 5 companies: I directs and coordinates the activities of a sector exhibitions and museums. My professionalism and my work, of course, is available to the whole group.
How is it working in the family?
is certainly more difficult in terms of relationships. Having a company "in house" is both an opportunity and a responsibility. Even outside of work very alive relationship with my brothers and my parents: many of the values \u200b\u200bthat make up my ethics I learned from them.
How did your involvement in Confederation?
When I turned 20 I joined, on the advice of my father. The first impact was hard, because I met entrepreneurs 35-40 years, with family and professional expertise, while I was still a kid. For me it was a great training ground for life, I grew up watching and listening.
How you gained your candidacy for President?
I believe in the Association, first of all. That's why after six years of executive I had the desire to give a greater supply, cultivating healthy ambition to give my contribution to the development of the Youth Group.
And which "imprinting" would you give to the Association?
the youth group can play a leadership role and help people who are new for the first time in the world of entrepreneurship, especially for those under 30 years, and at the same time, strengthen relationships and growth of those already within the life and business associations.
Your scope is Rimini: What is your relationship with this city?
I love and am proud of Rimini Rimini be: I would like to stress always be my Romagna!
It can not be said that Rimini is going through a good moment: roads, disastrous summer for our tourism, 'bell' even in sports. Last but not least the problems of the convention center, still without a date of opening. What do you think?
Beyond the controversy, made the facilities must be made operational in the interests of citizens and associations. My family has believed from the start to the new convention center: in fact, represent Alfad, single private shareholder, the Board of Convention Bureau, a company responsible for managing the convention center. It is clear, however, that certain situations should make us reflect on how they were handled. I am still optimistic and I will work to improve my city.
What are the steps in this direction?
should stop saying that things go wrong to blame others, we are the others. We must take some responsibility and gain some 'good citizens'.
Where should you start?
one reflection. It seems clear that today is considered more important "thing" do over "how" we do things. I believe that the real challenge is finding the right balance between these two aspects.
What do you do then when you have time for yourself?
Simple things. Labor and institutional commitments leave me little free time, I share between family and sport, my passion, so that allows me to keep training the body, but also to download the mind.
What is the point of Rimini you love most?
The sea is the first thing I see when I'm back from a trip.
* Released on the November / December 2010 in Rimini IN Magazine
** Photos by Riccardo Gallini
0 comments:
Post a Comment